assistance with getting drivers to work for a Scansnap S1500 scanner

Sharky Forums

Thread: assistance with getting drivers to work for a Scansnap S1500 scanner

Goldfish

Smile assistance with getting drivers to work for a Scansnap S1500 scanner

Hi,

anyone have any problems with or know a fix for the below please?

I attempted to install the software from: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/suppor...are/s1500.html
    and during the dowload I recieved the error message:

'Error 1935. An error occured during the initialisation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML, type="Win32"., version="4.20.9818.0" publicKey Token="6bd6b9abf345378f", processor architecture="X86". Please refer to the help and support for more information.'

and when I click on OK the install seems to progress to install the other softwares needed for this and those other software programs seemed to run but when attempting to run the 'ScanSnap Manager' your presented with:

'C:\ Program files(x86)\PFU\ScanSnap\Driver\PFUSsMon.exe'
    The Application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
    please see the the application eventlog or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail'

I ran this tool and it presented me with a lot of syntaxed commands to try and use to search through, but as I have not used this scanner and its programs to know where to start searching, this was of little help to me.

Regards

-Pete

It might be a problem with Microsoft.MSXML, try to repair it.

Download and install the MSXML installation files from the Microsoft website:

Download the msxml.msi file from Microsoft. Save the file to your desktop.
    Windows 7/Vista: Once the file has been saved, right-click the msxml.msi file and select Run as Administrator.
    Windows XP: Double-click the msxml.msi file to begin the installation.

CAT5e
    Microsoft, MVP - Networking