Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar

Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

“If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device.”
    How arrogant and stupid can a company get???
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

i honestly feel like apple could get away with stuff like this
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

I like how a couple weeks ago the one MS guy got shown the door for tweeting "deal with it" while this asshole can get away with the same thing. It seems like MS is really trying to force Job's old philosophy that said people don't know what they want until you tell them.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

Guess Microsoft's new slogan is "Deal with it"
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

Quote Originally Posted by [PinPals]Apu View Post
    Guess Microsoft's new slogan is "Deal with it"
    taking a line from nintendo's playbook
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

Quote Originally Posted by dyne View Post
    I like how a couple weeks ago the one MS guy got shown the door for tweeting "deal with it" while this asshole can get away with the same thing. It seems like MS is really trying to force Job's old philosophy that said people don't know what they want until you tell them.
    Well This is 2013 and info like this moves super fast across the whole globe. This will only cause more people to NOT GET the Xbox One.
    Last edited by richardginn; 06-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I saw this "Live" on Gametrailers yesterday. The interview with Geoff was shot a few days before E3, so these comments from MS were before the Sony Press Conference. He sounds like a complete *** hole. "I empathize with the people on submarines." What a ****.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by richardginn View Post
    How arrogant and stupid can a company get???
    Arrogant, maybe. Stupid, not quite. The real winner here is actually the Xbox 360. The 360 will probably continue to outsell the Xbox One and PS4 for years, especially at the $99-$199 price point.

People had the same aversion to Steam when it first came out. Turns out that the vast majority will sacrifice offline capabilities for great online experience.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 06-12-2013 at 08:00 PM.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaNihilist View Post
    Arrogant, maybe. Stupid, not quite. The real winner here is actually the Xbox 360. The 360 will probably continue to outsell the Xbox One and PS4 for years, especially at the $99-$199 price point.

People had the same aversion to Steam when it first came out. Turns out that the vast majority will sacrifice offline capabilities for great online experience.
    Because that worked out so great with Sony and the ps2 to ps3 transition.

If MS can't move new units then publishers are going to be less willing to go exclusive or even develop for their system. Online and used issues aside, the xbox one has become the system to hate and by extension that means Ms as well. If they can;t turn that around then people will simply continue to hate the brand.
    Last edited by taggart6; 06-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Sushi
    That's an arrogant statement. Who will buy xbox after seeing this comment? But is it any kind of negative marketing and will it improve the sales opposite to what we think?

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Because that worked out so great with Sony and the ps2 to ps3 transition.

If MS can't move new units then publishers are going to be less willing to go exclusive or even develop for their system. Online and used issues aside, the xbox one has become the system to hate and by extension that means Ms as well. If they can;t turn that around then people will simply continue to hate the brand.
    Outside of the US it actually did work pretty well for Sony and the PS2. Believe it or not, the PS2 was being manufactured all the way through 2012. PS2 continued to outsell PS3 globally for years. The PS2 wasn't discontinued until January… of 2013.

At $199, with a massive library of games and a great online service I fully expect the Xbox 360 to outsell the PS4 and Xbox One for at least the near year or two, maybe longer. The big publishers are still committed to Xbox 360 and the PS3 for at least the next 3 years.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 06-13-2013 at 12:28 AM.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Outside of the US it actually did work pretty well for Sony and the PS2. Believe it or not, the PS2 was being manufactured all the way through 2012. PS2 continued to outsell PS3 globally for years. The PS2 wasn't discontinued until January… of 2013.

At $199, with a massive library of games and a great online service I fully expect the Xbox 360 to outsell the PS4 and Xbox One for at least the near year or two, maybe longer. The big publishers are still committed to Xbox 360 and the PS3 for at least the next 3 years.
    You can apply that to both the 360 and PS3. If the PS3 is offered at a comparable price point then its further competition for the 360 to contented with and Ms has always struggled with the 360 overseas.

I do think that the PS2 was unique in the sense that it dominated its era and is generally considered one of the greatest consoles of all time with one of the greatest gaming libraries of all time. I do not think that the 360 or the PS3 are held in that same regard and they will not see the same or comparable levels of success.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar

Don't underestimate how much deep discounted games factored into Steam being widely adopted. Microsoft is not going to offer 75% and more off games.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

I just imagine the Imagine Dragons song quietly playing in the background while this idiot speaks..'Welcome to the new age, to the new age'
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Don't underestimate how much deep discounted games factored into Steam being widely adopted. Microsoft is not going to offer 75% and more off games.
    100% right....