Such a stupid waste of a site

Sharky Forums

Thread: Such a stupid waste of a site

Sushi

Such a stupid waste of a site

I worked for this site in its heyday. Now it's nothing but a shell for crappy ads. There's no content. Nothing worth seeing. Just pitiful. Incompetence and greed ran it into the ground.

Welcome back?

Most of us are of the opinion that the forums are the sites only saving grace.

But we don't hide behind a user tag no one recognizes either.
    War... War never changes.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Ha, visiting old sites to see if they are still around and then ranting in the forums about it when he finds one still limping along. I'm kind of sad to see sharkyforums die off so much especially because we had a decent group of regulars. I haven't found another forum like what this used to be.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

I think its pretty fortunate that this site even still exists at any level after the whole .com crash. All of the money venture capitalists were throwing at fresh start-ups basically disappeared overnight. With that also went all of the reviewer content because manufacturers cut back on tossing products to sites like this one. We can argue that, but I know first hand that if I didn't write 'favorable' reviews for my own personal site back in the day, manufacturers wouldn't send me stuff.

Alex was pretty lucky to get out when he did - I think he made out pretty good and hopefully his Porsche tuner shop is working out great for him. I can only hope that if you were part of his staff that he took good care of you.

I wonder who you are, OP. Next time, pick a relevant name and offer some suggestions to bring this site back to its old glory days. They operate a skeleton crew around here, and most (if not all of the mod staff) are volunteers. If you want to lodge a complaint, aim it at the host corporation - certainly not the user-base and volunteer mods, or the underpaid (almost volunteer) administrators.

Be the change you wish to see.

And yeah, I still lurk from time to time.
    Last edited by CaTaLyST; 06-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Contact me via email
    AIM: CaTaLyST 4131

Heat Feedback

My Rig:
    e8400 @ 4050, XFX 680i Tri SLI, 4 Gig OCZ DDR2, 8800 GT OC SLI, Antec 900, etc.

Hey CaTaLyST - long time no see. Hope all is well with you....

This thread has been viewed 142 times... If everyone that viewed it also created five new threads on articles and such that they've recently read - things would pick up a bit... and they'd be part of the "solution"
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Expensive Sushi
    I enjoy checking out this site. Yeah, there isn't a whole lot of new stuff on here, but if anyone has any questions people tend to pick up the question right away. I've seen forums that are a whole lot worse off in regards to lack of traffic and advertisements. I think this forum could pick up again.

Then make something worth seeing, keep in touch. That seems to be the problem here all the old regulars just stopped checking in.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Ooohhh..... everyone is coming back
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE | 16GB Corsair Vengenance | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 | ATI HD 4850 | Crucial C300 128GB | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Samsung F3 1.5TB | LG GH22LS30 DVD | Antec NeoPower 550W | Antec P180 | Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
    Apple Macbook Pro (13.3") | Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26GHz | 2GB DDR3 1066 | nvidia 9400M | OSX "Snow Leopard"
    Currently playing; EvE Online - Incarna (PC/Mac) | League of Legends (PC)

Great White Shark
    Dang, long time no see!

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I also check in from time to time. I've been spending time over on tomshardware ever since things slowed down here, but it's not the same. Hope things pick back up.
    / __| ||...|| |.\ \ ||./ __|
    \__ \ ||__|| | |\ \ | \__ \
    \___/ \___/ | | .\_| \___/
    ------------------------------------------

Heatware
    Ebay