Server for Terraria and Starbound

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Server for Terraria and Starbound

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar

Server for Terraria and Starbound

Any one interested in getting a private server up for Terraria and Starbound.

I was a huge fan of Terraria but stopped playing a bit last year. A new massive update is coming and I thought it might be fun to play with others who are interested. Starbound is the spiritual successor to Terraria and looks to be even bigger with refined game mechanics and a more sci-fi theme. I think Starbound should be released sometime this year but its still TBA.
    Last edited by taggart6; 07-19-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I love the hell out of Terraria and I cannot wait for Starbound. That said, I did everything possible in Terraria on PC and spent another 40+ hours playing the XBLA version when that came out due to the additional content, so I'm a little burned out on that now.

I hear you. Form what I hear though, the new 1.2 update is looking to be bigger then the 1.1. I figure the new content and having a community to play with might be enough to pull me in. If I have my server set up by then I'll try host a private world for people to mess with.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    I thought Terraria was officially done after the last patch? Like Kama, I've spent a ridiculous amount of time in Terraria already. I'm not sure even new content would bring me back for more.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

It was, and then the original developer started hinting at a new update coming and started asking the community for suggestions and posting progress videos. I comes out this month and is pretty substantial:

http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features

Great White Shark
    Nice. I will admit, it does look intriguing.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I'm kinda burnt out on it too. I spent a little over 30 hours on it and had my fill. Starbound looks good though. I think I already bought the early access to it. I need to try that out.

I'm wondering why none of the big name publishers have tried one of these sandbox style games in the same form as Minecraft/Terraria/Starbound. I'd think it would be a cheap undertaking compared to most games. I'd love to see some real money put behind these with deformable terrain instead of being block-based.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Any one want to go in for a 4 pack for Starbound?

http://playstarbound.com/store/

im down for the pixel tier
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

New terreria update is out!

Need 2 more people for starbound!

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Need 2 more people for starbound!
    I will probably never have time for this (evidence: all of my undownloaded 2-year-old steam summer sale games + humble bundle games ) but Terraria was a good game, so I'm in even if it's just to show support for the developers and to help out my fellow sharks.

Awesome! One more left!

Terreria 2 announced

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...a-2-announced/

I still plan to pick up starbound and will probably grab this as well whenever it drops. nice to hear that we should still expect a few more updates for endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Terreria 2 announced

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...a-2-announced/

I still plan to pick up starbound and will probably grab this as well whenever it drops. nice to hear that we should still expect a few more updates for endgame content.
    Wooooooooooo!!

Great White Shark
    Nice!

I might have to login to Terraria and see how behind the curve I am on that game now.