Bioshock Infinite

Sharky Forums

Thread: Bioshock Infinite

Expensive Sushi

Bioshock Infinite

Is anyone play Bioshock Infinite? I haven't gotten very far, but I love this game so much. The graphics are awesome and it's kind of cool feeling like you're stuck in the 20s. Not to mention I just got this pretty awesome weapon! What's everyone elses thoughts here? Yay or nay?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I thought it was okay. Bioshock rates higher for me.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I thought it was decent, I did enjoy the ending. I do feel I should've waited for it to be a little cheaper but oh well, I had fun. Bioshock 1 rated higher for me as well though.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

Quote Originally Posted by [PinPals]Apu View Post
    I thought it was decent, I did enjoy the ending. I do feel I should've waited for it to be a little cheaper but oh well, I had fun. Bioshock 1 rated higher for me as well though.
    This makes me glad that I held off on this one. Hopefully it will hit the $20 mark during the winter sale.
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

Quote Originally Posted by SewerUrchin View Post
    This makes me glad that I held off on this one. Hopefully it will hit the $20 mark during the winter sale.
    Yea normally I wait until ~$20 for the AAA games, but I jumped on it at $30. I enjoyed it but after I beat it in a weekend I wished I waited until $20. Oh well.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

I thought it was awesome. Still my choice for Game of the Year thus far.

I enjoyed it. Loved the ending.
    War... War never changes.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the ambiance and story, but the gameplay was eh. It felt like Ken Levine wanted to create a very distinct setting, mood, and story, but also had to drag along fps tropes to sell the game. It makes it clear that videogame makers need to find novel ways to keep a player engaged other than shooting a bunch of dudes. I would have much rather played this game like Amnesia instead of like a shooter. Exploring the environment, finding solutions, keeping hidden (in crowds or sneaking), and killing only in back-against-the-wall situations would have been more suspenseful and would have coupled nicely with the atmosphere the game portrayed.

The potential was exciting to see though.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Expensive Sushi
    I agree. Although the game has been fun so far I think I'd be having a lot more fun if I weren't constantly killing people. The majority of the game thus far has been running around and trying to get away from the cops. I'd like to spend more time liking at things and checking out what the vigors can do before I have to pack up and run again.

Oh man, the first DLC is a waved based survival mode...

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quic...s-d/2300-7750/

Yup, no story just shooting dudes.

The next DLC sounds freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    The next DLC sounds freaking awesome.
    Its in rapture. I'm not super excited about that. We've had 2 games in that setting. Seems like its more about we have these assets sitting around, so lets do rapture again.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I don't expect it to be anything substantial so whatever I guess.
    Last edited by taggart6; 08-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I really enjoyed the ambiance and story, but the gameplay was eh. It felt like Ken Levine wanted to create a very distinct setting, mood, and story, but also had to drag along fps tropes to sell the game. It makes it clear that videogame makers need to find novel ways to keep a player engaged other than shooting a bunch of dudes. I would have much rather played this game like Amnesia instead of like a shooter. Exploring the environment, finding solutions, keeping hidden (in crowds or sneaking), and killing only in back-against-the-wall situations would have been more suspenseful and would have coupled nicely with the atmosphere the game portrayed.

The potential was exciting to see though.

agreed, i loved the atmosphere, art, music, dug the ending.................but the nonstop shootfest made alot of the game feel like a chore, ruined many moments for me

i played on hard, and the one fight with the mom in the vault almost made me quit as she constantly resurrected corpses and my ammuntion was almost expired, grind grind grind

I liked the combat when it involved using the skyhook and jumping frantically from one line to the other.

That was for me one of the + of the game.

I hated the fact that you couldn't talk to people and that as soon as combat started all the non combatant npcs in the area disappeared.
    War... War never changes.