Gta v

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gta v

Hybrid View

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar

Gta v

Any pone picking it up today? If so, which copy you going with?

I'm looking to grab the PS3 copy. Its on a single disc and playing online is currently free.

The 360 copy comes on 2 discs and the first disc must be installed while it is recommend the 2nd disc is not installed. Doing so will slow popping in of textures and graphical assets in game. It sounds like Rocktstar has it so the disc and hard drvie work together to meet the demands of the game on the 360. 360 does have the better online mode but you need gold which I don't have.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I've heard the PS3 version has performance issues (not surprising).

I'll be waiting for the PC version because I think the game looks fugly as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I've heard the PS3 version has performance issues (not surprising).

I'll be waiting for the PC version because I think the game looks fugly as it stands.

Source? I haven't been able to find any info regarding the PS3 version. Waiting for the C version might be the way to go. New consoles are coming out in a few months and with my current backlog I'm in no real rush to get it. I figure once I am, I'll either have a new console or new PC.
    Last edited by taggart6; 09-17-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I want it, but am willing to wait on this one. I just grabbed Diablo 3 a week or so ago on PS3 and it has taken over my gaming life...
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

GTA 5 probably won't be released on next-gen platforms for a while - they'll want to milk ps3/360 sales as much as possible. Wish it was a launch title.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    It won't ever be released on next gen.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 09-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    It won't ever be released on next gen.
    I'm betting we'll see a next gen version of the game a year from now as a "Game of the Year" edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I'm betting we'll see a next gen version of the game a year from now as a "Game of the Year" edition.
    Might be longer than that. They won't want to cannibalize sales. Unless the install base for PS4 is massive they won't bother.

Every version of GTA makes its way to every platform given enough time. Two years from now it will probably be on PC, PS4, Xbox One and maybe even iOS.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 09-19-2013 at 02:26 AM.

If this is too beleive:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/...-in-game-code/

Next-gen and PC are already in the works.

Red Dead Redemption leaves me with no hope that we will see a PC version of this game.
    War... War never changes.

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar
    800 million in sales on day one. The people wanted this game for sure.
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

Because it's really darn good. The online part is going to make it a 10/10 game. There are 3 characters in the game that you switch between whenever you want and all their stories are intertwined. The first character you meet is a typical GTA scrub that will do anything for some money. The other two characters however have great personality. Unique, fun and twisted stories. Online will have an editor feature, how huge is that!?

GOTY.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    Because it's really darn good. The online part is going to make it a 10/10 game. There are 3 characters in the game that you switch between whenever you want and all their stories are intertwined. The first character you meet is a typical GTA scrub that will do anything for some money. The other two characters however have great personality. Unique, fun and twisted stories. Online will have an editor feature, how huge is that!?

GOTY.
    Which character are you talking about?
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I got my copy from Amazon for the PS3. I played about 2 hours before my launch PS3 died. Flashing red lights and it won't stay on more than a few minutes. It seems like a heat issue. I picked up a GTA5 PS3 500GB bundle at Walmart and sold the extra copy on Ebay for $60, which mitigated the purchase. The new PS3 redesign is a nice change from the monstrosity that I had before. The drive is loud though.

As for GTA5, it is a lot of fun. It runs better than I thought it would. Definitely not 60fps, but it doesn't slideshow. Coming from mostly PC games over the last 2 years, it is a change to play a game at 720p at 30fps but GTA5 is good enough to make that not matter as much. Everything has been improved over 4. General controls are much tighter and the cover/shooting mechanics take changes from RDR and improves upon them. Hitting the left trigger snaps to the center of an enemy and stays locked on while the target moves. Tweaking the reticle up a touch doesn't break the lock and allows quick headshots after getting the hang of it. Once I had it down, I could snap onto a target, get a headshot, and then flick the right stick to lock onto the next guy. There is a rhythm to the shooting once I became proficient with the controls.

I've heard some people complaining about the handling, but I think they successfully married the craziness of pre-GTA4 with the realism of GTA4. I can easily whip the cars around, but they still feel like they have weight. The wheel colliders on the cars are well done. I zoomed in and even going over a man hole cover has the wheel slightly moving up and down. Very nice attention to detail. They use normal maps for the tire tracks which give them a dimensional look while still performing. All these small touches add up to a realistic feeling while cruising the streets.

The environment are incredibly rich. I am amazed at how many models and textures there are in the game. It feels much more like a living city than the previous games.

The characters are the best Rockstar has ever done. Some of them are extraordinarily well written and the voice acting completely backs up the script. Some characters fall a bit flat or feel dated, but none are bad in anyway. I think the multiple character set up is a great way to hit all the different types of gameplay and moods that Rockstar normally likes to shoot for without making a character do something that seems out of place. The strangeness of Niko wanting to start a new fresh life and being traumatized by his past, but still doing idiotic stuff against his character is not nearly as bad in GTA5 as it was in 4.

Overall, I'd definitely pick it up if you enjoyed the previous ones. I'll pick it up for PC/PS4 later too. No need to wait, I'll get both old and new
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

I caved and bought the game on 360. So far it is awesome as hell.