Steam Sale Incoming - Page 8

Sharky Forums

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Steam Sale Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I started Banished on Hard. I don't know if it affects the difficult of the conditions or the fragility of the people, but it started me off with meager rations. I had a huge die off around winter 3 before I could get my fishery going. Normally I would have restarted, but I pushed through and it took a long time for my people to recover but it was really fun.
    I did medium with no disasters just so I could learn the game. I also had a lot of people (mostly kids) die in winter 3 or 4 after my initial food ran out. I started with a lot of farming which didn't provide enough food. I should of focused on gathering and hunting. Also gotta learn how to herd, built a pen but never got any animals.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Hard doesn't start with seeds or animals, so I still haven't been able to get crops or herds going. The only way you can get seeds is to trade for them, but the merchants haven't brought any to sell yet. My mistake was making too many houses and a store house before building the fishery. The fishery is great once it gets going. I've now got a hunting lodge that easily supplements the fishery. Gathering is nice too. You can start a brewery one a gathering hut is made since they bring back berries.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Hammerhead Shark innocentbastard's Avatar
    I never played the Witcher series or Dragon Age. Are they worth picking up? It looks like Witcher 2 and Dragon Age origins are on sale still?
    Currently Playing:
    PC: BFBC2, MOH, COD: Black Ops
    360: nothing

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbastard View Post
    I never played the Witcher series or Dragon Age. Are they worth picking up? It looks like Witcher 2 and Dragon Age origins are on sale still?
    Both Witcher games are awesome. Can't recommend them enough. DA:O was pretty good too, I'd give it a thumbs-up as well.
    Last edited by [PinPals]Apu; 06-29-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I never beat the first Witcher, but the second one was great although a little linear. The story was decent if not a bit generic. I'd think you'd get more play time out of DA especially if you get Awakening too. IMO the Awakening expansion was better than the proper game. Get them both and you'll get a ton of great RPG gaming for cheap.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I never beat the first Witcher, but the second one was great although a little linear. The story was decent if not a bit generic. I'd think you'd get more play time out of DA especially if you get Awakening too. IMO the Awakening expansion was better than the proper game. Get them both and you'll get a ton of great RPG gaming for cheap.
    Linear? You need to stop dropping tabs before playing games bro because you're tripping. By selective saving I was able to have around 8 different ending to the Witcher 2, linear it is not.

Both Witcher games and indeed both Dragon Age games are worthy of your time, regardless of what all the DA2 haters like to spew...

Varric made the game a treat to play.
    War... War never changes.

Mako Shark
    I played Witcher 1. It was good but my biggest complaint is the complete lack of items. There are no weapons and you don't get armor until the very end of the game.
    I have Witcher 2 but have not played it yet. I wouldn't bother getting any of the Witcher games from Steam. Both 1 and 2 and the upcoming 3 are all available on GOG.com
    DRM free.
    Last edited by drdoom; 06-30-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom View Post
    There are no weapons and you don't get armor until the very end of the game.
    huh?

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_armor

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Sword

You didn't need more than those, witcher is NOT a loot based game. It is a story driven game.
    War... War never changes.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom View Post
    I played Witcher 1. It was good but my biggest complaint is the complete lack of items. There are no weapons and you don't get armor until the very end of the game.
    I have Witcher 2 but have not played it yet. I wouldn't bother getting any of the Witcher games from Steam. Both 1 and 2 and the upcoming 3 are all available on GOG.com
    DRM free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    huh?

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_armor

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Sword

You didn't need more than those, witcher is NOT a loot based game. It is a story driven game.
    Don't forget the potions! I found a big part of The Witcher was planning out what potions to use to give you a tactical advantage.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.