WRT54G is Making a Comeback

Sharky Forums

Thread: WRT54G is Making a Comeback

WRT54G is Making a Comeback

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...and-300-price/

Looks like Belkin is trying to bring back the classic shape of the old WRT54G routers. This is kind of awesome if anyone else runs openWRT
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

Yeah, if the way the plastic Box looks is also insuring how the electronic works it will be a Good world.

CAT5e
    Microsoft, MVP - Networking

Linksys WRT1900AC Dual Band Wi-Fi Router is inspired by the original WRT54G iconic blue/black stackable form factor but with a modernized spin as well as more powerful hardware such as a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, four removable antennas (instead of the standard three), and eSata and USB 2.0/3.0 connectivity ports," Linksys said. Four gigabit LAN ports are included. Maximum throughput will be "up to 1.3Gbps on the 5GHz band and up to 600Mpbs on the 2.4GHz band.
    I should have taken the time to mention the reason it is awesome. The specs on the router look like they're going to be fairly beastly compared to most routers we can currently run openwrt on. For a long time the best thing I could get my hands on was an Asus wl500g, though there are some nicer options that popped up over the last year or so.

The little blue box is just a nod to the router that kicked off the OpenWRT project.
    [

]

i had a wrt54g running DDWRT back in the day... it was great for its time but the router im using now (asus ac66u) is faster than 100mbit ethernet. i get a steady 30-40MB/s (yes, megabytes!) over 5ghz
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

Quote Originally Posted by kpxgq View Post
    i had a wrt54g running DDWRT back in the day... it was great for its time but the router im using now (asus ac66u) is faster than 100mbit ethernet. i get a steady 30-40MB/s (yes, megabytes!) over 5ghz
    If you're getting everything you need from the built-in options of the router that's awesome. The quoted speeds they're giving above, btw, are around 162.5MB over 5Ghz.
    [

]