TWO lousy E3 press conferences so far.....

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWO lousy E3 press conferences so far.....

Ultra Great White Shark!! richardginn's Avatar

TWO lousy E3 press conferences so far.....

Microsoft I would rate a C and EA gets a C- minus at best....

At least the Microsoft camp had people playing games, not so at the EA press conference. They had no good new IP imo this year.

EA PGA Tour Golf 2015 will come with Fantasy courses.... For the short clip they showed a player driving a ball over a battleship. EA meets Mario for Golf..

Battlefield Hardline demo is READY TODAY for PS4 people.
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

I thought the MS one was really good! We got to see so many new games there including an announcement of Crackdown 3, an exclusive Platinum Games game, a new freaking Phantom Dust, a new Tomb Raider (and a Guardian of Light sequel announced right after the conference), and I think Sunset Overdrive looks pretty damn cool. I'm also a sucker for Halo, so the Halo Collection appeals to me.

The EA conference had a lot of nonsense I don't care about and I felt like the whole thing was very dry. The most interesting thing I saw there was the PGA Tour game with the scene from BF4 in there. Will we truly see a crazy Mario Golf-style game with this one? I can just imagine playing space golf as Isaac Clarke and that is something I never knew I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I thought the MS one was really good! We got to see so many new games there including an announcement of Crackdown 3, an exclusive Platinum Games game, a new freaking Phantom Dust, a new Tomb Raider (and a Guardian of Light sequel announced right after the conference), and I think Sunset Overdrive looks pretty damn cool. I'm also a sucker for Halo, so the Halo Collection appeals to me.
    Sunset Overdrive was in the last years E3 and the only good game Microsoft aired this year. They mailed it imo on the new games that did not impress me.

NOW the UBIsoft one is done and they impressed the most with a NEW rainbow SIX game. The wacky Fitness game, Cell Phone dance game. I give them a B-.
    www.myeducational plan.com-come see my plan to fix the USA educational system. I hope this is sig legal. Major Site Design Update on July 18, 2006. On June 18, 2009 passed the 10,000 post mark. December 24, 2009: Major Theme change and more....

BOYYYY was that Sony Press conference long.... It dragged tooooo long in the middle. Due to the length I have to give them a C rating...

Uncharted 4 sure did look good....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...s-end-trailer/
    Last edited by richardginn; 06-10-2014 at 08:50 AM.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Well....looks like I'll be getting a Wii U now. New open world Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles are must haves for me.

Mario Maker looks like a load of fun and I'm interested in Hyrule Warriors.

I was not expecting the create your own Mii fighter in smash bros.

That 4 player ink game looks pretty fun!
    Last edited by taggart6; 06-10-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Halo: Master Chief Collection may be what pushes me to purchase an Xbox One, I didn't watch the MS Press Conference though.

I was a little disappointed in Sony's press conference. Nothing really new was disclosed. The Last of Us release date, games announced that we already knew were in production like Batman: Arkham Knight, Mortal Kombat X, The Order 1886, PSTV. All stuff we knew about...Bloodborne does look intriguing, though it's no where near being done. GTA V, though I have almost no interest in playing it. All in all, a pretty non-worthwhile event for me.

I am looking forward to TLoU as I never had a PS3, can't wait to play this!
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI P67A-C43, Antec Kuhler 920, 16GB (4x4GB) Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Sapphire Reference R9 290x, Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, Antec 650 Earthwatts, Antec 300, Corsair Vengeance K95 + M90
    Late 2009 21.5" iMac - 3.06ghz C2D, NVidia 9400m, 4gb RAM, 500gb Hard Drive, Magic Mouse
    Steam ID - Entrical85
    PSN ID - Entrical
    Currently playing: MLB 14: The Show

I was not ready for that Zelda teaser. Going into cryosleep, please wake me when the game is out.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    That 4 player ink game looks pretty fun!
    8 player! That game looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I was not ready for that Zelda teaser. Going into cryosleep, please wake me when the game is out.
    Nintendo confirmed the teaser was all in game. :head asplode:
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Destiny, Crackdown 3, The Division, THE HALO SERIES REMADE!, PGA Tour, Forza, Madden, new Borderlands, Sunset Overdrive, and did I mention DESTINY!? I really feel like I am missing a game or two as well.

I think this is the best E3 I have ever seen. Keep in mind I don't actually watch E3 (tried once, fell asleep instantly), just what comes out of it.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    Destiny, Crackdown 3, The Division, THE HALO SERIES REMADE!, PGA Tour, Forza, Madden, new Borderlands, Sunset Overdrive, and did I mention DESTINY!? I really feel like I am missing a game or two as well.

I think this is the best E3 I have ever seen. Keep in mind I don't actually watch E3 (tried once, fell asleep instantly), just what comes out of it.
    Destiny was last year....

Sunset Overdrive as well.

The Division also....

Madden always comes out with a new version every year although the upgrade does look worth it this season.

THE NEW 2014 E3 GAME OF THE YEAR SPLATOON!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...ooter-splatoon

I like that Nintendo brings the most unique ways to play games even if is like the 15th time that character gets a game... Too bad you do not see that at Sony or Xbox...

I have to give Nintendo Press video an A- rating as they had games that were way for fun..

Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi’s Woolly World, The Amiibo idea, and the next Kirby game..
    Last edited by richardginn; 06-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.

IMHO Nintendo came out the strongest this E3. The Wii-U is struggling and Nintendo needs a solid library to move units. This E3 we got updated on some heavy hitters and I think we'll start to see unit sales pick up over the next year.

The amiibos were an interesting revel and I'm not sure what to think about them. Nintendo promises to utilize them in future games so I'm curious how that will play out. Will this mean that progress in one game will be used to unlock parts of another? I could see myself collecting all the units in a moment of weakness. This means I'll probably grab a Wii-U for Smash Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by richardginn View Post
    Destiny was last year....

Sunset Overdrive as well.

The Division also....

Madden always comes out with a new version every year although the upgrade does look worth it this season.
    Doesn't change the fact I'm excited for them!
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    IMHO Nintendo came out the strongest this E3. The Wii-U is struggling and Nintendo needs a solid library to move units. This E3 we got updated on some heavy hitters and I think we'll start to see unit sales pick up over the next year.

The amiibos were an interesting revel and I'm not sure what to think about them. Nintendo promises to utilize them in future games so I'm curious how that will play out. Will this mean that progress in one game will be used to unlock parts of another? I could see myself collecting all the units in a moment of weakness. This means I'll probably grab a Wii-U for Smash Bros.
    A solid Library is one thing and it lacks the latest EA sports titles. GRAPHIC power is another as the Wii-u is like one generation behind on graphics.