Divinity: Original SIn

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divinity: Original SIn

Divinity: Original SIn

Some of us have bought it so I figured why not start a thread about it? I put about an hour in so far. This game has so much detail that I am honestly overwhelmed. I'm not used to games like this. What I do know is that this game will be co-op GOLD. Absolute ****ing gold. Let's get to it!
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Are you in the sharky steam group? I put up a post looking for people to co-op with. I'm looking to get a co-op play-through going. This game is so big I think it can easily support a separate single player and co-op play-though without spoiling to much.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Was listening to the pc gamer podcast and they said be prepared and have a great solid group for co-op because the game is so in depth that if someone misses a "co-op" night, kinda ruins everything. Other then that they said the game is awesome, very high reviews and praises.
    Main Desktop - i2600k -- 16gb ram -- MSI 7970 -- 128gb raid 0 Crucial m4ssd
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03
    Battle.net ID - Drastix#1370

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I can give you some early game pointers if you want. I had never played a game like this before so the first 20 hours for me where very overwhelming.

And what steam group are you talking about? I'm in Doom in a Can, is there another one?
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 07-15-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

The Shark Tank

Kama lost the password to doom in a can so we cant change permissions.

For the shark tank, any one can post and set events for any mp game they want to play. I post a post there looking for original sin players to get some co-op games going.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Kama lost the password to doom in a can so we cant change permissions.
    There's no such thing as a password to a group! And all I said was that I lost leader permissions, we do have officers, so if you want to change anything in there we probably can.

Furthermore, Steam doesn't seem to put any group activity in my Activities feed, so I have no idea if there's been anything posted to The Shark Tank unless I visit the group directly. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    There's no such thing as a password to a group! And all I said was that I lost leader permissions, we do have officers, so if you want to change anything in there we probably can.

Furthermore, Steam doesn't seem to put any group activity in my Activities feed, so I have no idea if there's been anything posted to The Shark Tank unless I visit the group directly. :\
    I get notices although I'm not sure if its because I own it or its my default group. Try changing it to default and see what happens. IF anyone wants to help me figure this out, give me a message on Steam and we can play around it. Its great cause it indicates when a new comment has been posted.
    Last edited by taggart6; 07-16-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    I get notices although I'm not sure if its because I own it or its my default group. Try changing it to default and see what happens. IF anyone wants to help me figure this out, give me a message on Steam and we can play around it. Its great cause it indicates when a new comment has been posted.
    I can subscribe to existing posts to get notifications and I believe announcements will pop up in my Activity feed, but I don't know if it's possible to get notifications for newly-created posts.

Hmm ...might be a good idea to post announcements then for new threads and events. If you haven't already, try that out for your Smite game later tonight and see if that helps.

I actually grabbed the game this morning so I'll tyr it out again. I remember not liking it a year ago, but I'm willing to give it a shot before I return to killing floor.

Got a notice when you replied to the "What games do you want o play" thread but not your announcement or creation of the event.

According to this : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=144649684

The group should get notifications when an announcement is made. Can any one confirm or deny kama's announcement? Want to make sure this is working.
    Last edited by taggart6; 07-16-2014 at 05:05 PM.

The announcement definitely appeared in my activity feed when I posted it, but no notification.

I have to directly go to the group to see anything on it. No notifications.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Sounds like it shows up in your activity feed and you only get a popup if you are online, but no notification reminder.

I've found the solution for posts.

From the Group page, navigate to Discussions and click the "Subscribe to Forum" button. This will send you a notification whenever a new discussion thread is created.

From an individual discussion, you can click the "Subscribe to Discussion" button. This will send you a notification whenever a reply is posted to that discussion.

Note that you will be automatically subscribed to any discussion thread you create, but not an existing thread that you only comment in.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 07-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks Kama!