Destiny - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Destiny

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    I played the Alpha. The thing they got completely right is the controls. Destiny is the best feeling fps game on a controller ever. With that said, it is still a controller. I quickly became proficient, but I think I'd like to have the option play it on a 120hz+ screen instead of on my plasma. When playing MP FPS games I've always been more of the lean toward the screen to see every pixel type of player instead of lounging back on a sofa casually capping fools. I probably get that from my Quake/Unreal Tourney days haha.

On another note, the lore is atrocious. I was looking forward to a new scifi universe with a ton of money behind it so it could be fully fleshed out. Destiny is the most mundane, boring scifi I've experienced in a long time. I like some of the aesthetics, but other than that, the world surrounding the game doesn't have an interesting threat. Maybe the enemies aren't horrifying enough to give any weight to the conflict.

In my head I was thinking it had full weapon customization, but after playing it, it seemed more like you'd slowly getting slightly more powerful weapons as you go but they would really change your play style.

I won't be buying it right away. I'll definitely hold off. I was really excited before playing the Alpha and I was even really excited while playing the Alpha, but after reflecting for a few weeks, I came away having an overall feeling of apathy toward the game. If I was going to spend money right now, I think I'd rather play Tropico 5 lol.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    On another note, the lore is atrocious. I was looking forward to a new scifi universe with a ton of money behind it so it could be fully fleshed out. Destiny is the most mundane, boring scifi I've experienced in a long time. I like some of the aesthetics, but other than that, the world surrounding the game doesn't have an interesting threat. Maybe the enemies aren't horrifying enough to give any weight to the conflict.
    I have a problem in that the lore as presented in-game is extremely vague. What is going on? There's some sort of darkness spreading through the universe? Alien wizards from the moon? What the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I have a problem in that the lore as presented in-game is extremely vague. What is going on? There's some sort of darkness spreading through the universe? Alien wizards from the moon? What the hell is going on?
    Well since we only played a Beta I'm sure that will be explained throughout the game.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

I cancelled my pre-order on this after playing it just seemed bland to me. The intermediary travel from mission to menu world to the tower was annoying as all get out. Why can't I just go straight to the tower? I felt like it would get boring quick. I had constant issues with networking (staying connected with them, drops, lag, etc) with a couple of my regular play buddies which they will probably iron out, but I just wasn't into it as much as I thought I would be. Re-running the same world over and over again didn't help and I didn't feel any real difference in the classes and the skill tree didn't seem too inspiring when forward looking at higher levels. I absolutely did not care for the 6v6 pvp at all. I was hoping for open world pvp on the planet systems while trying to run missions and stuff like pvp in WoW, but nope.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll probably regret not getting it when my friend's list is full of nothing but Destiny players, but that will just give me an excuse to finish up my single player games (watch dogs, AC4) which I enjoy. I transferred my pre-order over to Shadows of Mordor as that looked a lot more fun for my playstyle of late.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Well, I took the plunge. Now I hope that the game is good. XD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-Con...item58b471b064

First night impressions - Game is good! The loot is exciting, the shooting is good, the game looks great and PvP is better than it was in beta. I'm having a lot of fun.

My Character: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/46...43009215133164
    My early PvP experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_jm_Sh_8I

I'm still holding out. Tried watching some gameplay on Twitch and so far I'm not regretting holding off on purchasing...even though everyone in my friends list has been playing. I'm curious to see the raid when it is released. That may sway me into purchasing...who knows. It's not like I've purchased a full price game to only play a few hours and then sell it off before...LOL.
    Xbox Series X

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying it a lot.

You can see my character here: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/46...43009215133164

Im enjoying it as well, hit 20 yesterday and played the strike playlist all night long. Starting to get hooked, just like an MMO. Leveling was a bit blah, but now the gear grind and rep grind for gear is keeping me going.

My Char: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/46...43009217456837
    Main Desktop - i2600k -- 16gb ram -- MSI 7970 -- 128gb raid 0 Crucial m4ssd
    Laptop - Alienware 17
    Steam - Dmoore03
    PSN - DNasty03
    Battle.net ID - Drastix#1370

I found an Exotic item last night! It's a crazy-powerful sniper rifle that self-reloads and doesn't require ammo pickups! I wish it were a shotgun or fusion rifle, but hey, I'm still pretty happy about it.

I also made a short highlight reel of some PvP multi-kill madness. I hope to have more of these once I remember to shout "XBox Record That" more often. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhNetNS6iL8
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 09-17-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Peer pressure...bought the digital deluxe edition and got both PS3 and PS4 versions. So when one TV is being watched, I can play it on PS3 in the other room. Or, I can just remote play like I do with Diablo 3 while watching football. I'm going to start a warlock. That was one class I didn't play in the beta.
    Xbox Series X

This game is so fun. I will be playing it for at least a couple hours everyday to complete the bounties for the next couple months. Guaranteed.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

I've been playing it a lot lately as well. The gunplay is pretty fun. Crucible is hard as hell. I'm lvl 25 and have a regular group of friends to play with and we just grind away hoping for that next legendary piece...or ascendant shards.
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    I've been playing it a lot lately as well. The gunplay is pretty fun. Crucible is hard as hell. I'm lvl 25 and have a regular group of friends to play with and we just grind away hoping for that next legendary piece...or ascendant shards.
    Doing the Queen's bounties during the current event will get you access to special level 24 Epic missions that always reward some legendary armor piece. Enjoy.

There's a Legendary Chest and Helm you can get as far as armor goes, and some weapons and i got a legendary ship last night. After upgrading some of my armor it put me at light level 26. Time to get a VoG group!
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI P67A-C43, Antec Kuhler 920, 16GB (4x4GB) Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Sapphire Reference R9 290x, Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, Antec 650 Earthwatts, Antec 300, Corsair Vengeance K95 + M90
    Late 2009 21.5" iMac - 3.06ghz C2D, NVidia 9400m, 4gb RAM, 500gb Hard Drive, Magic Mouse
    Steam ID - Entrical85
    PSN ID - Entrical
    Currently playing: MLB 14: The Show