archeage

Sharky Forums

Thread: archeage

Goldfish

archeage

I got a beta invite for archeage. It looks like a very good fantasy MMO. I will post what I think of it after the weekend. Is anyone else playing it?

I played during a beta weekend last month. The game is far too grindy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I played during a beta weekend last month. The game is far too grindy for me.
    Made by the same guy behind Lineage, so I'm not surprised. Koreans love to grind.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

Hammerhead Shark innocentbastard's Avatar
    It could be decent, but you can feel the F2P built in. You need action points to open the bags which contain loot and at least in the last beta you only earn action points while online. You also need action points to gather mats so very quickly you won't have enough to do what you want to do. Of course I am sure you can buy more.
    Currently Playing:
    PC: BFBC2, MOH, COD: Black Ops
    360: nothing

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

Goldfish
    I like it so far. There is a lot to do. 120 classes. I am not huge on the labor points thing, especially using points to use the loot that dropped. I am ok with it on crafting but loot drops and quest rewards wasting them is dumb. I have come into a few problems but nothing huge. I cant invert y axis which I hate. I crash or drop every once in a while which is aggravating. Overall I am enjoying it. From what I have read you are supposed to be able to purchase paid status in the game with game money after it is released but I dont know how much it will be.