Does This Software Exist?

Sharky Forums

Thread: Does This Software Exist?

Sushi

Does This Software Exist?

Hi there, I’m looking for software that has the abilities listed below that I could use on an interactive website (site not yet created), but I’m not sure if the software exists or where I could find it. Thanks in advance for your help!

(1) A database (maybe via the cloud) that I create which contains thousands of responses to answers from a visitor to my website. Example:
    Question on website: Is grass green? Yes, No, Sometimes, Don’t Know
    Visitor answer: Sometimes
    Automatically generated response from database: That’s true, grass is usually green but it can change shades or colors dependent on various factors such as water consumption volume, geographic location, time of year, etc.

(2) The ability to automatically pull up data from the database as an answer to questions from the site visitor.
    In the green grass example above, this step would be pulling up the response to the visitor’s answer so they see it on their screen (they obviously can’t see answers when they are sitting in the database/cloud).

(3) The ability to automatically save the visitor’s answers (they’ll login with a username and password) to be referenced later during the automated Q&A. The saved visitor answers I’d like to be able to pull up might come from different topics within the conversation. These would be questions and answers from tangential side topics instead of questions and answers from one continuous linear/sequential conversation. I hope I’m being clear.

Here’s an example of what I’m trying to convey where the automated question (Q2 of Topic C) would be based on one of the visitor’s previous answers (A3 from Topic A) even though the topics are different.

Topic A Topic B Topic C
    Q1 Q1 Q1
    A1 A1 A1
    Q2 Q2 Q2 (based on answer A3 from Topic A)
    A2 A2 A2
    Q3 Q3 Q3
    A3 A3 A3

Please let me know if more detail would be helpful, and thank you in advance for your help! I’d love to be able to find a software that can do this!

I doubt that you would find ready made software to put on an Internet Host and does all of the above as is.

You have to look for a Web site programer that can adapt variety of codes around SQL to perform such tasks.

It might be that there Hosting company that provide a template to such Site as part as their Hosting service.

Try to investigate this - https://www.squarespace.com/

Last edited by cat5e; 06-08-2016 at 10:36 AM.

CAT5e
    Microsoft, MVP - Networking