Gaming PC build

Sharky Forums

Thread: Gaming PC build

Sushi

Gaming PC build

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a computer with these parts and I am planning to upgrade my gaming PC. One of my friends helped me build this PC so I want to hear some honest reviews if it would be better to upgrade it or not.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

Ram 16GB

Gtx 1080

samsung ssd

700w PSU

It’s my first PC build and I want to get advice related to these three topics. Help..

When it comes to desktop : CPUs, Ryzen vs Intel

And I want to hear some honest reviews: Intel Core i7-9700K vs Intel Core i7-8700K

CPU cooler : Liquid cooling vs. Air cooling

Can anyone help me ?

Welcome.
    Your current spec looks really good. For gaming, it's really neck & neck...

1. AMD's Ryzen are more helpful if you do more things at the same time.
    2. I don't think there's enough to demand upgrade to 9700K so I say no.
    3. Only thing about liquid cooling is that it's quieter. If noise is a big deal to you yes, but it's quite pricy.

Bigger question is: What resolution do you game at?
    If you mainly game at 1080p, you are fine where you are and I'd just upgrade memory to 32 GB.
    If you game at higher res, I'd look at spending the money on better video card... I'd be jealous with your build personally as is.

Now is not a good time to buy PC components, with the supply chain disruptions availability is quite spotty and prices on a lot of things are sky high.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Now is not a good time to buy PC components, with the supply chain disruptions availability is quite spotty and prices on a lot of things are sky high.
    yeah, I think the whole 2021 and even 2022 we will see prices grow expediently
    I've bought my latest graphic card in the middle of 2020 and its now cost 2 times higher that I've bought it

I'd gotten my Nitro+ RX 6900 XT back on the 2nd of January at a (then) whopping price of 1350USD (local $ to USD). I was shocked to learn that in some parts of Europe, the recently launched RX 6700 XT was going for a WHOPPING equivalent of 1220USD. That's just 130USD les compared to my card, which is three notches above it! That's just plain crazy!
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro