I'm a sellout

Sharky Forums

Thread: I'm a sellout

I'm a sellout

Tired of the desktop rat race and the giant box in my office. I've built several PCs since I built my first in the 90s. I've gone to laptop/external display setup.

I picked up the ASUS G15 AMD Advantage and paired it with a 27" QHD panel. I also got a 60% wireless RGB keyboard and wireless mouse with a nice bluetooth headset. This setup works great. I have my laptop when I go to the inlaws and need to escape into Wasteland 3 or Battletech, and then at home I just plug my dock into it and I have a full desktop setup. The best of both worlds. Plus I can stream my Xbox Series X to the monitor and just play that way too.

So TLDR I sold out and ditched desktop gaming for a laptop....also see ya'll next year as I forgot about Sharky until I got the birthday email. Hope everyone is well.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

That isn't selling out, that's being practical! I have two excellent rigs, yet I'd gotten myself a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (AMD R7 5800H, 2x8GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3070 140W, 2560x1600), pretty beefy for a laptop, but I wanted to be able to game. It handles DSR pretty well too, not exactly blazing fast but but playable framerate for a good gaming experience. Oh yeah, I'd gotten a Keychron K2 w/l KB and an Asus TUF Gaming M4 w/l mouse for gaming as I hate the feel of membrane KBs.

Good luck with your laptop, and keep on gaming dude!
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro