Do u ever violent after playing an FPS

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do u ever violent after playing an FPS

Expensive Sushi

Do u ever violent after playing an FPS

I have notice that after playing Call Of Duty or Battlefield for a long time that after I step away from the computer machine I begin to feel alot more violent than I do if I havent played it. Like I go outside and just want to beat people up for no reason and im always so mad.

Anyone have this problem too?

Ppl have told me I turn into a difference person after I play alot of an FPS game...

I generally feel a bit more relaxed after playing video games. Unless it's Dark Souls.

I don't mean to sound rude, but when you have these violent feelings, is it because you've been losing?

Expensive Sushi
    No its like this "adrenaline" that doesnt stop when I shut off the game!

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Nope.

If anything I get more frustrated and angry but that's typically because I'm playing poorly. When that happens, I just change games.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

If I'm sucking yea I get pissed off...Then I change games (or sometimes just even servers) last night I was getting pwned on this one server. So I switched and no longer was getting pwned.
    Rigs
    Custom Built: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz, 5870 GPU, 12 GIG Ram,3x1.5 TBs,1x500 GB, 250 GB SSD Logitech G51 surrond sound 27 inch monitor FUll Tower Cooler Master Case
    Laptop: M17X 2.83Ghz Dual Core, 4870 GPU, 4 GIG Ram, 320 GIG, 500 GIG HDD
    Get around Lappy: ASUS Aspire One: 1.6 GHz, IGP, 1 GIG ram, 160 GIG HDD

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJugallo View Post
    I have notice that after playing Call Of Duty or Battlefield for a long time that after I step away from the computer machine I begin to feel alot more violent than I do if I havent played it. Like I go outside and just want to beat people up for no reason and im always so mad.

Ppl have told me I turn into a difference person after I play alot of an FPS game...
    Nope. If I'm getting severely raped nonstop, then like others, I'll just change games or do something relaxing.

On another note, what you've described is a phenomena that has given video games (particularly violent games). Your adrenaline rush is normal with FPS games (and even more so when there is a "clear good guy.") Maybe you need to get outside and run around more?

http://www.lolwtfcomics.com/upload/uploads/oie_14162942YgSa536F.gif
    Last edited by kujoe2002; 02-28-2013 at 01:15 PM.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    CPU: i7-2700K @3.5 ghz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    CPU COOLING:Corsair Hydro H80i
    VIDEO: MSI TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 760 OC N760 in SLI
    HDD: Intel 320-160GB SSD
    HDD: Samsung 840 250GB SSD
    MEDIA: Plextor Dual DVD
    PSU: CORSAIR HX750W
    CASE: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower
    10 x64 Home Premium
    Monitor: AOC ,32" curved 1440p

I kick a puppy every time I lose.
    My armor is Contempt
    My shield is Disgust
    My sword is Hatred
    In the Emperor's Name
    LET NONE SURVIVE

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    When you say "FPS game", I'm assuming you mean "ONLINE, competitive FPS games" correct? There's a massive difference in mood when playing a single-player game against AI, versus other people. One of the many reasons I largely despise playing with strangers competitively. Too many people take too much pleasure in ruining other people's games. Griefing and team-killing is the prime example, and can very understandably upset someone. I actually refused to play Left 4 Dead for a few months after running into a string of griefers and team-killers....just wasn't worth the aggravation.

On the other hand, if you're playing by yourself, and you almost always feel violent after playing, that might be a problem.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Nope... if I'm sucking, I log out and do something else.
    War... War never changes.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Usually when I step away the "intensity" quickly goes away, like by the time I get out of my chair. I've never enjoyed highly competitive games like MOBAs due to the communities that are usually drawn to them. I've never felt violent after a FPS. The only times I get frustrated are when a glitch in the game messes me up such as falling through the ground or getting hung up on something.

I'd say you need to take a break from games altogether if the people around you are noticing changes in your behavior.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

the only time i ever feel anger/negativity during gaming is if i encounter a bug or random glitch... ie in bf3 if i am sniping and lag causes me to miss or in an RPG when a save file gets corrupted
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

Step away from the console and go fishing or something......If you're getting that worked up over a game and it doesn't dispate you're way to involved. get another hobby to take some of your gaming time. You'll be much happier.
    Last edited by PDR60; 03-02-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3 3.6x4 | 16gig Ram | Nvidia GTX550-TI | 60Gig SSD | running Kubuntu 64 bit
    www.linuxloader.com

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Haha, anyone notice his name? This is probably a troll post.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

No, hes asked for tech help before coming into games, so be nice.
    War... War never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJugallo View Post

I don't think this is from the games. It sounds like you have some latent anger issues. You may actually want to talk to someone about this. It's nothing to be ashamed of.